Hi, if you think of labels as folders, you are good to go. Gmail by default just puts everything in the all mail folder. The only real folders in gmail in fact are all mail, trash, spam, and I think inbox. Everything you receive is categorized in the inbox and all mail folder. When you want mail to be sorted in so-called folders, you just apply a label to it. The label acts like a folder. So for example, list messages here for me get the iOS label. In fact they are really being moved to the all mail folder and out of my inbox so they don't appear there. However since the iOS label is applied and since labels are seen as folders by my windows mail program Thunderbird and by the iPhone mail app, I just think of labels as folders and folders as labels. So, when it comes to Google mail, the terms are interchangeable. So, what I do is go to http://mail.google.com/mail/h and create filters on my gmail account. I made one for this list which says that any mail addressed to viphone skips the inbox and has the iOS label applied to it. Doing it this way means that all my mail is sorted accordingly without me having to worry about rules in Thunderbird or the lack of rules in iPhone mail.

I hope this makes sense.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com