  From: Alan Lemly
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:03 AM
  Subject: RE: I forgot my encrypted backup password

  rhs,

  The last item in the Backup section of the iTunes Summary tab when your
device has focus is a Change Password button. Ah, I just executed it and see
that it first asks for the old password so that is no good.

  just above the Change Password button is a tickbox labeled Encrypt iPhone
backup. I would recommend that you uncheck this box and do an unencrypted
backup an then go back and check the encrypted backup box to do a new encrypted
backup where I expect it will prompt you for a new password.

  I'm using iTunes for Windows version 11.4.x so if you have iTunes 12, the
instructions might differ.

  Good luck.

  Alan Lemly