This sounds wonderful, are you sure it can’t be used on an iPhone, or maybe
they have a version for the iPhone?

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Tom Frank
Sent: February-22-15 3:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Bulk] Re: Talking atlas for iPad

Hello guys again,
I’ve been playing with my talking atlas app between shoveling snow off my
sidewalk and deck. It is 32 degrees here in Northern Vermont for the first time
in over a month.

There is a very accessible trivia game that proves my ignorance. I can’t wait
until the grandchildren come over for dinner this evening and I can see if I
know more than a fifth grader.
  I do not think it could work well on an IPhone because one of the most
interesting features is moving your finger over the world map and having the
oceans and countries named. Many of the countries are small and my fingers are
large.

I found it is best using the app with voice over turned off.  Two finger swipes
up and down gets you to the menus and a two finger swipe to the right or left
moves you through the choices. A double tap selects the item.

I had problems getting back to the main menu so I pressed the home button,
opened the app switcher and closed talking atlas completely. then when I opened
the app again I could get to the settings and store menu. Unless you want maps
of India, there are no other choices.
 Of the few countries I checked out, there is an extensive history list of
important dates. Other information can be found out for free on apps like World
facts.  But this app plays the national anthem of every country and describes
the flag completely.

There is another great option: choose a country like Japan, put your finger on
the map and it will tell you to go, north, go east, go east, go south, until,
Congratulations, you found Japan.  A really fun way to find out where countries
are located. An for this American, if it doesn’t have a MacDonalds or a
Wal-Mart, I probably don’t know where it is on the map.

Tom Frank
vermont...@gmail.com