From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 12:31 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: New Apple TV In The Apple Store

Hi Jeremy and others,

The big thing with the new Apple TV is that it will have an app store which
means theoretically anybody could make an app for the Apple TV, for example,
CNN, CBC, other news sources, any of the sports channels/networks etc. Of
course the possibilities are endless as they are on iPhone and I think we’ll
only start to see what’s going to be possible in the months to come as more and
more apps will be available.

For me the big thing is that the Apple TV is so super easy and accessible, it’s
by far the best Netflix experience if you use Netflix and also the fact that we
can watch Youtube on the big TV sitting on our couch is very nice.

Of course there is the fact that Apple is still negotiating with many content
providers to offer a full line-up of programming which currently is only
available via cable or satellite. Once again we won’t see where this will go
for another year or so, but considering Apple’s strength in offering content
and the fact they have virtually limitless money to me means it will probably
go far.

Lastly, you can of course consume any content like movies  or music you bought
on iTunes and you can buy and rent movies right from the Apple Tv. You can also
access anything in your iTunes library on your computer, for example, if you
have movies there which you obtained from somewhere else or maybe which you
ripped from DVD’s you have, you can watch them via your Apple TV. The same
applies to photos and music.
Even now at the higher price point, $149 and $199 in the US, I think it’s a
good deal and with the new Apple TV you also have access to SIRI, you can tell
it to play certain movies or, if you are watching and just missed what was
said, you can tell SIRI “What did they say” and it will rewind just a bit to
let you hear it again. The new Apple TV remote also have volume buttons which
can control your TV’s volume, so just one small remote will be necessary.

Anybody who has more basic questions as to what the Apple TV is or what it can
do, just go to Apple’s website or read some of the reviews which in the next
few days will pop up all over the major sites like The Verge, CNET and so on.