And how does one go about marking all the messages for deleting? I need to
get rid of about 4400 messages and have not figured out how to do a
universal delete.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 13:26
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: deleting from the all mail folder

Are we talking about Gmail here? You have about 8G of storage on your Gmail
account, so you won't have to delete any messages to free up storage for
quite a while. Also, anything you specifically move to the Trash folder (by
moving or deleting) will be deleted from the server after either 30 or 60
days. I have anything I delete moved to the Trash folder and then I don't
worry about the All Mail folder at all.

Remember too that every message you have will be in the All Mail folder.
For example, if you want to keep a message on VoiceOver around for a while,
and you move it to a folder for future reference, it'll also show up in your
All Mail folder. You may not want to delete such messages.

On 27/08/12 11:23, Paul and Paula Jordan wrote:
> Hi, Just a quick question.  Should one delete emails from the all mail
> folder from time to time?  Mine has about 250 emails in it as of right
> now. Just wondering. Thanks.
>
> God bless!
>
> Paula and Babe

Christopher (CJ)