My 4S is still going. I used it as my primary phone for more than three years and still use it for music, now and again, and play around with apps sometimes. It's quite slow now, bearing in mind I have a 6S, but its battery hasn't given up yet.

Carol P

On 20/06/2016 15:54, rajmund wrote:
Hi,
I heard roomers that it can be done with the 4S, but not with later model.

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca
To: "viphone@googlegroups.com" <viphone@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:47:42 +0000
Subject: RE: IOS 10-- what's new in accessibility ?

I think it's more the experience Apple wants users to have. Yes, they could probably disable features the 4S may have problems with like, for example, the face and object recognition on pictures. They said that iOS does 11 Billion computations on a single picture and it is all done on device so it's not that powerful servers in the cloud do the work and just provide the results back to the device. But I guess if many of the new and advanced features of iOS 10 would be disabled on a 4S there may just not be that much reason to support it. Considering that the 4S is now 5 years old, I also assume that as a percentage of iPhones out there not that many of them are 4S phones any more. Anyhow, I guess Apple has to draw the line somewhere, if they support the 4S others may say then why not support the 4. I actually think it's amazing they have supported the 4S for this long, the 4S came with iOS 5 so it was able to run 4 more versions of iOS after the one it came out with, show me another mobile phone that had this kind of support. Anyhow, iOS 9 is pretty good and people who still have a 4S that runs good can still run it with iOS 9 for years to come I assume although they may have to replace the battery since I doubt that a 4S that was bought in 2011 still holds a charge for that long. I have a friend who bought a 3GS in 2009 and he used it until he bought a 5S in 2013, so for 4 years, and while he of course wanted the newer faster phone, he also said that he only got a few hours of use out of the phone at that point. A friend in Germany said her son just bought a fairly inexpensive battery kit which came with the special screwdriver which iks required to open the iPhone and instructions and he would able to replace the battery on his iPhone (can't remember the model) himself, but I would say most people can't or would not do this.