Ah, I got it right. Thought about it in bed last night and reached that conclusion.

Thanks anyway for the explanation. It does kind of make sense to me.

Carol P

On 04/07/2016 05:08, Ron wrote:
Carol,

When taking a photo of the monitor, the flash needs to be off so you don’t get
the glare of the flash in the surface of the monitor. One way or the other, the
monitor is lit up and you don’t need a flash.  Also, if you take a lot of
pictures of your monitor, you save a lot of battery on the phone.

Ron & Danvers

From: 'Carol Pearson' via VIPhone [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 6:59 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: KNFB reader

Okay, got it! I don't fully understand it, but that doesn't matter…

Carol P

Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 3 Jul 2016, at 22:51, Karl Smith <k...@axistech.net <mailto:k...@axistech.net>
> wrote:

What they should have said is turn the flash off not the camera.

Karl

Karl Smith, Access Technology Consultant Axis

4304 South El Camino St.

Taylorsville, Utah 84129

Phone: 866-824-7885

Fax:     866-824-7885