I don't get that extra text in my edit box when I'm looking for the keyboard input button, so maybe that's a phone specific thing. I do agree though that the double tap to end the dictation on the iPhone is nice. I just find it a bit more inconvenient on Android but not a show stopper.

I do use threads when reading my email, and in this way I do definitely like Aquamail. If I double tab the message, the thread is expanded in line without taking me into a new screen. Again I can just double tap the sleet button and select the entire thread to be deleted all at once or just select the messages in the thread I want deleted. I find this more efficient than having to go into the screen with just the messages from the thread in it, work with those messages, and then go back into the parent folder. Now that I think about it, Aquamail handles threads a bit more like Thunderibrd, which is how I prefer to deal with my threaded email.

As I'm working through my messages in Aquamail, I will sometimes delete the selected messages as I'm going or wait until I'm done and delete them all at once. I agree, a lot of what you prefer is how you like working with your email, and I might have tweaked how I do things now that I spend more time in Aquamail then I do in Apple's Mail app.