Hi Joanne,

I have not noticed a significant improvement with OCR and barcode scanning
apps between my iPhone 4 with a 5 MP camera and my iPhone 4S with an 8 MP
campera and many other improvements in the camera/image processing. I think
how well or not well many of these apps work depends on whether the
developers take full advantage of the camera quality. The iPhone 4S camera
and I'm sure the iPhone 5 camera with its slight improvements is considered
to be one of the best if not the best camera on a mobile phone and that
includes Nokia phones with a 12 Mp camera. I am not sure whether you heard
about this embarrassing episode when Nokia showed off this fantastic video
which they said was taken with the Lumia 920 camera. The video which
featured a woman riding a bike, was pretty impressive, but somebody from the
technology blog The Verge soon spotted a truth. Nokia made it look like the
woman was shot by a companion who was also riding a bike, but a reflection
in the video showed that she was actually shot by someone in a van holding a
much larger camera and accompanied by a lighting crew. Oops.

In any case, the Lumia 920 camera is not a 41 MP or a 16 MP nor a 12 MP. It
has an 8.7 MP sensor. Here is what I ound in a comparison review:

Perhaps the most important point of comparison here should be for the
cameras. The iPhone 5 still features an 8-megapixel sensor, but now it's 40
percent
faster, with better low-light performance and improved noise reduction. The
phone's gyroscope, processor, and camera app also work together to create
seamless,
high-res panoramas up to 28 megapixels. And the front-facing camera has been
given an update to 720p for HD FaceTime Calls.

The Lumia 920 also boasts an impressive camera, with an 8.7-megapixel sensor
and Nokia's PureView technology. According to Nokia, the camera can capture
5-10 times the amount of light of any competing smartphone cameras via a
"floating lens technology that surpasses the optical image stabilization
system
of most digital SLRs." There's also a 1.3-megapixel, front-facing camera
with 720p HD video capture.

Is the Lumia 920 camera good? Yes, I assume it's probably very good and
maybe it's even better than the iPhone 5 camera, but the actual sensor is
not that much better so it will depend on the lenses and whatever else makes
for good pictures and we have to wait and see whether the great specs of the
Lumia 920 will stack up in reality. For those who are interested, here is a
bit more from that comparison, of course the Lumia 920 maybe a beautiful
phone and Windows Phone 8 may even be something to take seriously,
unfortunately it's of course not accessible and I have never heard a word
about accessibility of the platform at this point which is too bad because
if it were accessible it would give us another choice which would only be
good.

"From a design standpoint, the Lumia 920 may be the only smartphone out
there to give the beautiful new iPhone 5 a run for its money. Made out of
glossy polycarbonate and glass, the Lumia 920's fun colors are a flashy
alternative to the black or white iPhone 5. But the iPhone definitely wins
for size, at just 4.87 by 2.31 by 0.3 inches and 3.95 ounces. The Lumia 920
is downright hefty by comparison.
It is 5.12 by 2.78 by 0.42 inches and 6.52 ounces.

The iPhone 5 features a 4-inch, 1,136-by-640-pixel display-it's the first
iPhone with a display larger than 3.5 inches. The Lumia 920, meanwhile, has
4.5-inch screen, with 1,280-by-768-pixel resolution. At 332 pixels per inch,
it's actually a bit denser than Apple's 326 ppi display. Still, that
difference
will be imperceptible to the naked eye, so it's really a matter of which
size display you prefer, and which size feels more comfortable to hold.

The iPhone 5 is powered by Apple's new A6 chip, which it claims is up to
twice as fast as the A5 processor found in the iPhone 4S. The Lumia 920,
meanwhile,
is powered by a 1.5-GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4. We've tested that
chip in plenty of other phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S III, and it's
super
fast."