Hello Sieghard,

I, too, have had iPhones since June 2009 and this is the first one to crash on
me. It isn’t as though I don’t use it for much either. I do a lot of reading on
my iPhone, as well as using OCR, GPS, barcode recognition, Talking Goggles,
Light Detector, news apps, and so on.
I shut down my iPhone every night, too.
Restoring to factory settings isn’t too bad for me as I back up my iPhone to my
Mac, so no apps to download.

Cheers,

Anne