I wonder if we will hear about a total first day sales total somewhere in the
media.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Larry Smith
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Preordered my iPhone 5!

I pre-ordered Friday morning around 5AM. I first tried ordering directly from
the apple web site. That was around 3AM. However, I couldn't complete it
because I needed my wife to help with a box that was not being spoken. However,
when I tried to go back in around 5AM when she wokeup, the delivery time had
changed to 2 weeks. I then went to verizon web site and pre-ordered there. It
is suppose to be delivered on the 21st. I got a 32GB for my wife, and a 64GB
for myself. I am switching from AT&T. I have been with AT&T for many years now,
and didn't really want to switch. I did it because AT&T does not have LTE in my
area yet. A few other reasons made me switch also. However, I now know that you
can't do voice and data simultaneously on verizon network. I don't use it much,
but I do want it. I guess something has to be sacrificed one way or the other.
The LTE access was more important to me in this case.