From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Mosen
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: IOS 6.0 and Voice Over

OK, this is my personal experience. The sky isn't falling in, and the App
Store isn't inaccessible. I update apps in iOS6 daily. I think it is true to
say that the information conveyed by VoiceOver could be more helpful.

First, the behaviour of the App Store has changed. As has already been said
in this thread, you no longer need to enter your password when you update.
You do, however, contrary to some speculation in blogs a while ago, still
have to enter your password when you install a free app.

When you update an app, you are no longer taken out of the App Store and
placed on the page the app is installed on. Instead, you simply stay in the
App Store, right where you are. When you double tap the update button, I can
see nothing that gives you confirmation that the app update has begun
downloading. However, if you go to your home screen right away, you will be
able to see that it in fact has, because you can see the percentage of the
download and install changing.

So in no way do I think this should be seen as a reason not to update. yes,
it would be nice if the update button changed to an updating, or
downloading, button after it is pressed, but it isn't inaccessible at all.

Jonathan