I can agree with this with one point of information. the user must go into preferences and make sure that "add files to library" is not checked. ----- Original Message ----- From: <englishride...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: Putting music on an iPhone

I prefer not having iTunes mess with my files and have a referenced library. So I also use the add folder or add file options. iTunes knows where the files are, but doesn't move them or copy them anywhere. Well, with the exception of files in the wma format, that is. Those get converted by iTunes in to the m4a format by iTunes and placed in the music folder of iTunes. Other than that, iTunes leaves my stuff right where it is, and doesn't make copies of them. If I move something, of course, iTunes no longer knows where it is, but I can quickly delete those items from the library and readd them. Then things work fine again.

Thanks,
Ari