Hello List,

I updated my iTunes running on my Windows 7 computer before upgrading to iOS
10.3 because an iTunes dialog informed me that it required updating to this
version to be compatible with iOS 10.3.

I'm getting some strange behavior after updating to iTunes 12.6 and I'm
wondering if others could comment on whether they're experiencing any of
this. Specifically,

1.   When I launch iTunes and connect my iPhone 7 via the lightning cable,
it takes about 9 minutes before the icon indicating iPhone connection
appears. I timed it. Until this occurs, iTunes is unusable and seems frozen.

2.   I never was able to use iTunes to download the iOS 10.3 upgrade as I've
done for every other prior upgrade. When I attempted this, I'd get a dialog
saying the Apple servers were being contacted and it never did anything. I
refused to wait longer than an hour so can't say I fully tested this.

3.   When I go to the iTunes menu Help, Check for Updates, I get another one
of those dialogs indicating that Apple is being contacted and nothing else
happens during the many minutes I've waited. Ultimately, I have to start
task manager to exit iTunes which has stopped responding.

4.   When I check the app updates by pressing ctrl + 7 and selecting updates
in order to download backups to my Windows 7 computer as I've always done,
none of the apps I've updated since going on iOS 10.3 show up in those
presented for update download to my computer.

I've re-downloaded the latest iTunes and run the repair option but I'm not
getting any different behavior.

Can someone who has updated to iTunes for Windows 12. 6 try one of the above
items and let me know what you're experiencing? I'm mostly concerned about
item 4 because I really like the ability to back up my apps to my local
computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan Lemly