Mark,

I'm glad you had a good experience with your replacement in the Apple Store.
Ivy had good experiences too in the past at the Apple Store but asking a family
member to drive me there about forty minutes away is a major inconvenience and
very time consuming for getting a $30 replacement item. My point is that one
should be able to get competent service over the phone when paying $130 for
AppleCare Plus. As Richard suggested, I'll start with Apple Accessibility in
the future because they've always been very helpful with other questions I've
had in the past.

I'm sure I'll continue to purchase AppleCare plus when I buy a new iPhone for
the reasons I mentioned in my original post but I wanted folks to be aware of
my experience and see what others have experienced.

Alan Lemly

Sent from my iPhone