Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 4S, and it works for me.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:15 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: I found a new missing item in iOS 6 *sniff*

Hello,

Interesting nobody noticed this before and brought it up. I often used to
double press the home key when my phone was locked and I was playing an
audio book. This always brought up the playback controls like Previous,
Play/Pause, next as well as volume and Airplay. I always found this an easy
and quick method to Pause an audio book or Podcast if somebody came to the
door or when I just wanted to stop it for another reason as I didn't have to
unlock my phone.

Tonight a friend came to the door and I did what I usually do and was
surprised to notice  that a double press of the home button when the phone
is locked now does exactly the same as a single press and that is it shows
the unlock control, it shows what's currently playing and it has, of course,
the Camera button. No more playback controls.

I use an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and it would be good to know if this is a
universal change or bug or if for some people who use an iPhone 4 or who
already received their 5 this still works. I really don't know why Apple
would get rid of this as it was such a convenient way to get quick access to
playback controls, volume and Airplay.