  From: Kathy Kalaluhi
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2018 3:37 PM
  Subject: RE: Facebook on the Phone

  Hi

  I use Facebook on my phone all the time so I will try my best to describe
some tips and gestures to you through writing.

  First, you simply one finger double tap to open a post where you can view the
like button, comment, and share button.  You can also view any comments people
made.

  Second, if you do not want to view the post, you can double tap with two
fingerts to bring up a menu of like, react, comment, share, and more.  The more
button provides other options such as saving the post, unfollowing a post,
hiding a post etc.  If you just want to react to a post, single tap with one
finger on the react choice and another menu pops up with like, love, wow, haha,
sad, and angry.  Single finger double tap on the emotion you want to select.

  Pictures with text in the image are not readable with voice over.  However, I
heard this tip the other day when listening to one of the Tech talk podcasts on
accessible Worl.  You open the post and then put the focus on the picture and
then three finger single tap and a description of the picture and some or most
or all of the text is read.  You must be running the most current version of
IOS for this to work.

  Sharing a post is simple.  You can choose to share now with your friends,
write a message along with the post, send in messenger or copy the link.  When
writing a post, a new page opens with the post and there is a field in that
page to compose a message along with the post.  It will say “write something”
when the focus is on that field.  Double tap and a keyboard pops up.  To tag
someone, you can do it in two different ways.  One is to type the person’s name
into that field.  The easier way is to select the option that reads add more to
your post and you will get more options such as tag a friend, feelings/emotions
i.e. I am feeling happy or blessed or frustrated etc.  If you choose tag a
friend, a list of your friends pops up and you select a friend you want to tag
by simply one finger double tap their name and then select the done button in
the upper right had corner.  Then one finger double tap the post button at the
top.

  There is more things you can do but these are the basic and will get you
started.  I signed up for Facebook about nine years ago but recently began
using it on my phone because the website got so complicated with things popping
up and interfering with my screen reader on the computer that I just gave up
with it.  Now that I have it on my phone, I am on it every day.  So much
easier.

  Kathy Kalaluhi