From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:16 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Apple's new iphones

For a few years we can use iPhones like the 8 or 8 Plus although one should
point out that they also don't have a physical/mechanical home button, they
have a virtual home button or whatever one wants to call it. After that time,
say in 4 or 5 years, almost all of us will have either upgraded or be forced to
upgrade to whatever Apple is then offering and I don't see them going back to
Touch Id.
As for 3D Touch I think it is also dead in the water and eventually will go
away and it will be replaced by something better.
As for smaller form factor iPhones I am not sure if Apple may not bring back a
4 to 5 inch phone if they think the demand is there. In a few years LCD screens
will be a thing of the past and all iPhones will have OLED screens and a phone
with a 4.7 inch OLED edge to edge display which is the same size display of an
iPhone 6, 6S, 7 or 8 would probably be physically smaller than an iPhone SE.
This year Apple has released the XR which has the 6.1 LCD display and
apparently Apple has also managed to make the bezel much smaller so that the
phone is actually not so huge (I haven't seen/compared the actual dimensions to
a current Plus size phone), but like I said, OLED technology will take over and
get cheaper and I somehow wouldn't be surprised is the iPhone XR is a little
bit like the 5C which was a sort of one-year wonder and then Apple discontinued
it.
I guess we'll find out on Tuesday, September 190 which is when the 2019 Apple
Event will take place and don't worry, I'll make sure to let Tim Cook know that
I predicted this and ask him to make sure it is so *smile*.
Until then I'll keep my trusty 6S Plus with its new battery and if Apple has
figured out where they are going with all of this OLED stuff, Face Id and so on
maybe I'll buy a new phone in 2019, if not I bet my 6S Plus will still get iOS
13 and serve me until September of 2020.