Holly, I'll be 65 a month from tomorrow. Thinking back to when we grew up in the 50's, 60's and 70's, it's amazing how much access we have in the iphone with all we can do, it's like magic compared to then. I too, was hessitant about whether I could get use to a touch screen. I partly thought I could get use to it due to in 2 different stores getting to see an iphone and getting to see what it was like to navigate the screen. One time was back in 2012 or 2013, one of the sales guys in an at&t store showed me his iphone and showed me how to dial a phone number on the screen and he did put voice over on for me. The second time was when Wayne and I went to the verizon store in the summer of, I think it was 2017, my birthday and I purchased a flip phone that I wanted and and that was the day that we saw the se phone. The salesman showed us a little bit and we just played with it for about 45 minutes, we loved the size of the phone. It was kind of funny in away, not knowing too much what we were doing when we found some music that began playing or could find something on the screen to read it was really great. For me the phone won't totally replace my computer, nor will the ipad we have. Though I would never say I would never do any of the same things I do on the computer that I haven't done yet, because you never know from day to day what you'll decide to learn. A few things I'm thinking of now is looking into recording some tv shows on our cox contore app and also getting dropbox on my phone. Last year at this time I wasn't even thinking of that, thinking it's fine enough that I'm doing it on the computer. I also think there's too much of a big to do about the ages of people, that if you're in you're 60's, even more so in your 70's and 80's that using a smart phone is too difficult for people around those ages. I just think for everyone it's a very individual sort of thing of what you take too or what you don't. The membership here on this group is a great example with some in their 70's and some in their 80's. On the other hand, there might be some younger individuals that prefer using flip phones, maybe not many, but what anyone prefers is such an individual thing. I didn't mean to make this so long and I did respond to you, Holly, so I hope I can be orgiven for this time changing the subscribing thread subject line.

Arlene

----- Original Message ----- From: "Holly" <fe...@comcast.net>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: how do I unsub from this list

Thank you Arleen:

I am old too, but still try to keep up with the technology that helps us live more independent lives.

I was very scared at first with my iPhone, which I have had now for over two years, but now don't know how I lived without it.

Whenever I have a question, I just Google the question and can probably find the answer I need.

So, we old folks still need to learn new things to keep the brain cells stimulated. Hahahaha.

I don't think the iPhone will ever replace my PC, but it is sure a great addition.

Holly

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/D35AB56C5AAE426F852D354C2350AF43%40love.