Oh OK this is good to know.  I figured one could get used to that.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:09 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Braille Displays For iPhone

That is not a glitch with the RefreshaBraille, that is the way it is with
all braille displays and the iPhone.
If you pause for more than about a half a second, and you are using
contracted braille, the symbol you last typed will expand to its
uncontracted meaning.
So, if you are writing a name like Johnston, and you pause a little too long
before writing the n that follows the h, you will get johavenston.  The h
will have back translated to "have".
That will happen with every braille input device used with the iPhone, iPod
Touch or iPad.

You just have to get used to it and not pause in the wrong place.

Richard