I am sorry to ask, what is the Perkins Mini?  I've not heard of it.  If I were
going for a smaller braille display such as a 24 cell, I'd choose the Essys as
I have the 40, which I'd like to use with my Mac and not my I phone.  One of
these days, I'm going to get a 24 cell if funds permit!  For those of you that
don't know, the Essys has a notetaker function independent of anything along
with a small card which you can put in another device for more memory.

Kawal.