I had an 18 cell Braillenote many years ago and was able to read books
and other long documents rapidly on it.  When I switched to a 32 cell
Braillnote it took some getting used to because I had all of those
extra cells.  I would not want to go any smaller than 18 cell for
reading because you might only get one or two words on each line.  I
plan to purchase a Focus 40 Blue in the near future.  That decision
was made because of the excellent discussion on this group.