I think a lot of it will come down to two factors as I see it. First how much
panning bothers you. I have an 18 cell display and I think 24 would be maybe a
little better and certainly 32 or 40 would be the best. However, the other
factor is portability and ease of typing. THe Refreshabraille I have is 18
cells and that is probably as few cells as I could live with, but it is very
portable and easy to type on. That is why I chose that display and not to
mention it was the most affordable display at the time that would work with the
iOS devices to my knowledge.