From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kawal Gucukoglu
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:42 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Email address in iMessage

Hello Sieghard.

I too like sending I messages to people who have I messaging capability.

What I'm trying to say is, if I send I messages using my I phone without
associating an e-mail address, so I use my mobile number to send rather than
my Mac, I am unable to send as I messages and so the normal text messaging
will be used.  If I want to send an I message using my phone, I have to
associate let's say my e-mail that I'm sending from.

Before, when using IOS5 when I message started, I could send I messages to
people without having to associate my e-mail address (this was always done
using my mobile).  The Mac did not even have I messaging capability.  So
what has gone wrong here, I don't know. All I want to do is sending I
messages using my I phone using my mobile number but I don't want to
associate an e-mail address with it i.e. my present e-mail address.  I hope
all this makes sense.

Kawal.
On 13 Oct 2012, at 17:27, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

> Hi Kawal,
>
> iMessage requires your Apple Id to work, but you don't have to add any
> email addresses which means iMessages are only delivered to your
> mobile number. As far as I know nobody can send an iMessage to the
> email that is your Apple Id unless you add that email in "Settings"
"Messages".

> I am not sure what you mean exactly by the sentence in your message:
>
> "What it is, I want to not associate an e-mail address with I message
> but when I do that, any messages I wish to send to an I message user,
> they will send at normal Text MS message even though I message is on."
>
> You say you don't want to associate an email with iMessage, but you
> also say "when I do that" which I understand "but when I do associate
> an email with iMessage".
>
> As far as receiving messages, any messages sent by somebody who uses
> iOS 5 or 6 and who has iMessage enabled will be send/received as an
> iMessage whether they send it to your mobile phone number or an email
> which you associated with iMessage. As I said, I am a bit unclear what
> exactly you mean so maybe you can explain further. I personally like
> to send/receive iMessages if it's possible because even though I have
> an unlimited texting plan iMessages have advantages, e.g. the 160
> character limit does not apply, you know when my message was received and
I can see if somebody is replying.