Joe,

I'll do my best to answer your first question about FlickType punctuation. You
should know that I use FlickType in full screen mode when typing with it and
then revert to the iOS standard keyboard. If I'm typing a phrase that ends with
a comma as I did just now, I'd swipe once to put a period after the word now
and then single finger swipe down to select comma from the choices presented by
FlickType. After FlickType says comma, you then just continue typing.

As I stated, I use FlickType in full screen mode so when I'm composing a text,
I start out with the standard iOS on screen keyboard and go first to the
message text box and select FlickType from the keyboard button to the left of
the spacebar. I then compose my text message using FlickType's full screen mode
and when I'm done, I single finger slide up the screen and stop to change back
to the standard iOS keyboard where the text I typed with FlickType is placed in
the message text box. I then single finger swipe right once and land on the
send button. I'm not sure how my method differs but perhaps you've got
FlickType set to other than full screen mode. I prefer leaving my iPhone set to
the standard iOS on screen keyboard and moving to FlickType full screen when I
need to type something.

As to your final question, I leave my keyboard set to the standard iOS on
screen keyboard and use the button to the left of the spacebar to switch to
FlickType as needed. I then use the single finger slide up and hold to revert
back to the standard iOS keyboard. I don't know whether this method is more
cohesive but it works for me. You might consider subscribing to the FlickType
email list by sending a blank email to flicktype+subscr...@groups.io if you
have other questions.

Alan Lemly