I listen to a local Austin news station in the morning when getting
ready for work, and often hear these sorts of announcements, often
repeated too. I suspect that the online stream is different from what
the regular listener to the radio is hearing. I often hear the
announcements start at the 55 minute mark and they continue for about
10 minutes, preimpting the hourly news from the network. I find this
very annoying since there are times I want to hear the national news,
but I don't think there's anything I can do. Sometimes the stream will
be several minutes behind what the radio is airring, and the only way
to solve this is to stop the stream, wait a few seconds, and then
start it again. This is another annoying thing with listening to
TuneIn, but it may not be exclusive to this app though.

Wayne

On 10/30/12, Craig Werner <coffeeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings to the list.
>
> This morning, I was listening to a Chicago radio station via TuneIn
> Pro.  Before the stream started, I heard an announcement  about the
> stream's co-sponsor.  At about the fifty-five-minute mark of the
> stream, the music was suddenly interrupted, and I heard the same
> announcement repeated over and over until about the one-hour mark,
> when the stream resumed.  Are such interruptions common with Internet
> radio?  Any way they can be bypassed?  I suspect the answer is no.
>
> Thank you for all help.
>
> Craig

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt