I thought those local advertisements were blocked due to contractual
agreements with the agencies and actors that produced those commercials,
i.e. they were paid to produce a local commercial and not a national
commercial. I could be wrong though, and I don't care enough about the
issue myself to look it up myself.

On 30/10/12 21:42, David Chittenden wrote:
> No, those cannot be bypassed. They are often used to block local
> advertisements which are going out over the air. Many companies now require
> this so that people in different markets do not learn about area-specific
> targeted pricing for products.
>
> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
> Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 31/10/2012, at 5:34, Craig Werner <coffeeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings to the list.
>>
>> This morning, I was listening to a Chicago radio station via TuneIn
>> Pro.  Before the stream started, I heard an announcement  about the
>> stream's co-sponsor.  At about the fifty-five-minute mark of the
>> stream, the music was suddenly interrupted, and I heard the same
>> announcement repeated over and over until about the one-hour mark,
>> when the stream resumed.  Are such interruptions common with Internet
>> radio?  Any way they can be bypassed?  I suspect the answer is no.
>>
>> Thank you for all help.
>>
>> Craig

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail