Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to report the following:

About an hour or so, ago, I noticed that the Audible listing in the app store
had been updated to state that the latest version requires iOS 14 or higher.  I
also noticed that the size of the download file has increased by a third.

I took this as a good sign.

So, I then selected the re-download option as I had done countless times during
the past 24-hours (smile) and, after being told that iOS 14 was required to run
the latest version, to my delight, I was prompted to download an older version
of the app.  I said "OK" to the prompt and version 5.40 of Audible was
successfully installed on my beloved iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 13.7.

A little while ago, I received another email from Audible stating that they had
contacted Apple and that the problem had been resolved and that I should go
ahead and attempt to re-download the app.

According to Audible, the problem had something to do with Apple but, whatever
the case, it has been resolved.

On an iTunes for Windows 7 note:  I successfully installed iTunes 12.10.11.2 on
my PC.  After having done so, I made my first iTunes backup of my phone in over
a year as it had been that long since the backup feature had failed in iTunes
12.6.  Of course, I have iCloud backups of all of my devices but I much prefer
a encrypted computer backup to iCloud, if given a choice.

Finally, a happy ending (big smile).

Mark