questions in the over 60 lessons I've done so far. Give it a try and see.

Dave Clement
Winnipeg MB

On Mar 10, 2022, at 9:17 PM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:

Dave, Chela, et al:

The last time I explored Duo Lingo, there were a great deal of photos that one
had to name in order to begin the learning process.

For example, in order to practice vocabulary, the app would display a grid of
photos, and the student had to match a word with the photo.  Is this no longer
a problem?

Mark

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Dave
Clement
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2022 6:38 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Looking for accessible language learning Apps

Hello,

I am currently using the Duo Lingo app to study some French. I find it totally
accessible so far. The app does have a subscription version that will remove
ads and some other usage limits but I am not certain of the cost as I am just
working with the free part of the app. The app does have some "listen and
speak" capabilities along with introducing reading, writing, and grammar. It is
fun and effective.

I have also used the Pimsleur language learning app. This app teaches
conversational languages and does not get into reading and writing and grammar
very much. It is an audio based system, listen and repeat. It is a subscription
app asking $18.xx per month for a 3-language option or $25 per month cost for
full access to all 51 languages they support. I have found the app fully
accessible so far and I have used the Pimsleur courses in the past to pick up a
basic intro to languages for foreign countries that I have visited. For me,
this system has been very successful.

Good luck learning a language and have fun with it.

Dave Clement
Winnipeg MB