Sandra, it is not a setting. It is something that is there by default if you are on something upon which you can take an action.

I'll try to explain it another way. If all else fails, I will make a screen recording.
While editing, like I am right now, there is no action on the rotor.
If, I am in a list of emails with none open, but ready to double tap to open it, if I turn the rotor rather than double tapping, Action will be one item on the rotor. and if I stop there and I flick up or down, different actions will be spoken, like delete, More, etc.
If you are not turning the rotor slowly enough you may miss it. But, it is there on every Apple device I have used from the iPod Touch 3rd gen, through my current iPhone 13 pro and every iPad I have used or owned.
If you still are missing it, I will do a recording and send it along.

Richard, USA

"INTROVERTS UNITE ...

SEPARATELY IN YOUR OWN HOMES"

-- as seen on a T-shirt with a power fist raised

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

(sent from my iPhone 13 pro)