Turn off disable the apps from sending data such as location services unless
they're necessary.  Have you made sure that you don't have apps running in
the background by checking app switcher?
----- Original Message -----
From: Cris
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:08 PM
Subject: help me troubleshoot high data usage with AT&T

Hello Folks,
I have been dealing with a serious problem with unusually high data usage,
eversince I upgraded my iPhone 4S to IOS six.  Every month, I use all of my
data plan in the first two or three days of the month, even though I rarely
ever use my phone outside my house.  At home I use my own wifi connection.
Last month my entire data plan was eaten up in the first day of the month.
I turned celular data off to avoid being overcharged, but the problem with
this solution is that I can never get my voicemail messages unless I turn
the celular back on.  This month I am already over sixty percent of my data
although I made sure not to do anything on my phone outside the house other
than just answering my phone calls.  Needless to say that I still have over
two weeks before my new month starts.  Does anyone with AT&T have similar
problem?  Is this a problem with my phone or a problem with AT&T system?

I did everything I could to troubleshoot this problem to no avail.  I even
restored the phone twice, and no improvement.  If anyone has any suggestions
to help me troubleshoot this problem, I will appreciate it.

Cheers,

Cris