accessible diving apps aren't the only apps that need to be made more
accessible. the problem is that the developers are of the opinion that we don't
matter. we need to make them understand (even if it means that we attack their
revenue stream) that we are a non-trivial market segment and that, the blind,
are participating in more of the same activities that everyone else does.

I have already had some experience with a developer that wouldn't even listen
to reason, even when his position violates US federal law (he's the developer
of the smart crd system for the denver-rtd regional transit system. The person
is so stubborn in his position that he has gone as far as trying to deactivate
accessibility features on the denver-rtd.com website. It basically took a
direct order from his boss before he would even come over to the colorado
center for the blind to talk to us. I am still not certain he has recognized
the error of his opinion.

anyway, we as a community, need to make these developers see that we are
serious (even if it means that we have to cut off their funding to do so).

its the old adage: money doesn't talk… it SCREAMS at the top of its lungs.

-eric