Hi Marissa,

I really don't have much to contribute to your problem with the phone
becoming unresponsive. All I could suggest is that if you are near an Apple
Store then go there when this happens so they can see it.

As for the WiFi issue, no Apple does not turn of WiFi if the phone is
locked. If your phone won't stay connected it's most likely a router issue.
Sometimes rebooting the router helps or you may have to change the WiFi
settings and possibly upgrading the router's firmware may help as well (it
certainly won't hurt).

If you have never logged in to the router you will need to know 3 things:
the router's Ip address, most likely http://192.168.0.1 or
http://192.168.1.1. You type that into your router's address bar and then
you should come to a page where you need the router's admin user name (it is
"admin" in many cases) and the password. The password is a factory set
password unless you have changed it and it could be something like
"password" or "guest" or even nothing at all. If you google "user name and
password for Linksys" followed by your router's model you will find this
easily. If of course you have never done this and are uncomfortable with the
web interface of a router I suggest you try and find somebody to help who
may have done this before.

I recently bought 2 brandnew Netgear routers and had a fair amount of
problems with connecting but now it seems to be very stabil.

Good luck,

Sieghard