I guess this is as good a thread for this post as any.  Well, here it is; I
want to thank members on this list profusely for the information regarding the
App Switcher.  I started using my new iPhone 5 in mid-October and was noticing
an eerily progressive battery drain.  Then, after reading several posts on the
App Switcher from this list, I opened it to find that there were well Nye 15
apps reported as active.  Every App I had ever opened since initially deploying
this iPhone was (apparently) still in active mode.

After getting the skinny from this list, I proceeded to open App Switcher and
methodically remove each active App.

My iPhone battery is now holding a charge for what seems a reasonable time.
Thanks to each of you who contributed to my understanding, I surely do
appreciate this!