I've read lately that it is now against the law in the states to unlock your
own phone.  You'll have to get your carrier to do it for you legally.

DJ

  _____

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 8:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: AT&T is no good

Hello. My experience with AT&T is completely the opposite. I suggested that
you call them back and get someone else. Just like any large company, there
will always be some service representatives who are not well-trained or are
too lazy to do their work. This does not mean the entire company at-large is
to blame. I could easily give you equal stories regarding Verizon and
Sprint, but again it does not mean they are bad companies in general. Just
so you know, once your phone is off contract, AT&T can unlock your phone.
Unless there has been a new law to change it, then they can do it. Also,
there is no need to unlock your phone unless you're planning to sell it or
want to switch carriers to someone else.

On Mar 4, 2013, at 7:33 PM, "Pablo Morales" <pablomorale...@gmail.com>