I agree. I can think of numerous uses for a flexible calendar for
recurring events, like appointments as reminders when certain bills
are paid each month, like if it is on the 6th of the month. Or,
perhaps for monthly meetings that are on the second Saturday of the
month. In the past, I also used these kinds of appointments for when
daylight savings time started and ended in the US. In short, having
these recurring options in the calendar rather in an app is so much
more convenient. The only places where I have seen these scheduling
options in the past have been the Microsoft Outlook calendar, or
calendar for specific blindness notetakers, like the BrailleNote,
PacMate, or others. Another example would be a class that I was
teaching from Monday to Friday at a certain time. I have tried to set
this as a recurring appointment in the iOS calendar, but have ended up
having to go in and delete the weekend occurrances. While doable, it
is time consuming and not a perfect solution.

Regards,
Wayne

On 3/6/13, Raul A. Gallegos <r...@raulgallegos.com> wrote:
> Hello Don. This is definitely great news and in normal circumstances would
> help me out for what I need. The problem is, I need to have a calendar which
> I can share with other people using an android or an iPhone. The only
> situation which seems to work is using a Google calendar which updates my
> iPhone and other phones that are sharing it. There is where I am coming up
> with the limitation. Later today I will be checking the Google calendar
> website to see if it adds more flexibility on adding repeating events.
>
> On Mar 6, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Don Breda <don.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> raul you can do that with the alarmed app. Yes I agree it is a big
>> oversight in most calendar and reminder apps.
>>
>> Don
>>

>> --
>> Don Breda <don.br...@gmail.com>

Follow me on Twitter at: