Hello,
I also have a braillant bi40 and would like to be able to use my iphone wiwhtout speech. Some things that you can do to make the process more efficient if you want to just use braille: use the spotlight feature (hit cmd-h from the home screen) to search for the app that you need. If you want to search for text within an app, for example safari but really any hap doubletap the screen three times and you will get the item choser with an edit field, if you want to cancel the item choser you have to use the command that emulates the home button (cmd-h). I am still experimenting with selecting/cutting or copying text while using a braille display which i believe would be a lot more efficient, at least for me, then doing it by using the touch screen. Things that are difficult or that you cant do (to my knowledge) by just using the braille display): If you are using a word processor and you have to leave the app and then go back to it then the vo focus within the document will be lost. This is not limited to braille display though. Double tap and hold is one of the gestures already mentioned that you cannot do, to my knowledge. Also, if you have a table index and you want to doubletap and hold and move up and down i dont know how to do this on a braille display. Furthermore if you have lists that you need to change by swiping up and down (for example to change a value in the standard iphone alarm clock) i dont know if you can do this. I have several apps that make use of this gesture and now have to go to the touchscreen and turn the speech on. If anyone has any more tips/suggestions to make more effective use of your iphone and just braille display this would be greatly appreciated