Hi Fred,

To you or me and maybe to most people on this list 99 Cents is not an amount
we think about a lot. However, keep in mind that there are people on this
list from countries like Vietnam, India, some African countries and who
knows where else to whom spending a Dollar may not be something they just
can do without thinking about it. Yes, if somebody from such a country has
an iPhone that might be an indication that they are not as poor as others
although the iDevice they have may just be an older iPhone 3GS that was
passed on to them. In any case, I don't think it's very respectful to tell
anybody it's only 99 Cents so what's the big deal because those 99 Cents may
in some countries just be most of the food money for a day. My girl-friend
in the Philippines works 9 hours a day and 6 days a week waitressing in a
hotel restaurant and she takes home about $5 a day for that. Even those of
us in North American, Australia and most European countries who have little
are very lucky to be where they are.

There are also people to whom $10 or $20 or even $100 isn't a big deal, but
I bet if you commented that you couldn't afford something right that moment
and it was $100 you would not appreciate some rich person's comment "What's
the big deal, it's only a hundred bucks".

OK, I don't want to start a big debate about poverty and all that and I
don't want to offend you in any way, Fred, but I have been to third-world
countries and such comments just rub me the wrong way. It's too bad Apple
doesn't allow people to gift any apps to people in other countries because
otherwise I'd just send that person the What's Up app.