On 4/11/2013 3:21 PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
 Hi Craig. I don't have the benefit of college experience with this,
 so all I can go by is personal experience. I have to respectfully
 disagree with what you say below. In dealing with people with
 technical support or training whether it's done via email, phone
 calls, or in person, I have found that you cannot really tell a
 person's emotions or intent if you compare what they write to what
 they say. There are of course exceptions to the rule like with
 everything in life. I've known some people who talk they way they
 write and vice versa. However most do not in my experience. I think
 that you and I have spoken before, and so you have an idea of how I
 come across when I speak on the phone. When I listen to myself in
 podcasts or phone call recordings, I don't believe that the way I
 sound is the same way as I type. I've even compared answering emails
 on this list and when I write an email compared to when I dictate it,
 the styles are different. At least for me, if I'm angry or annoyed,
 when I write my messages in email, they do not come off that way.
 Yet, if I were to dictate an email message when not feeling the best,
 it probably would.

 I should probably stop this now since it's starting to stray off
 topic, but I'm willing to discuss this with you, or anyone else who
 is interested in this further.

 -- Raul A. Gallegos Oh dear. You're 15, You should be picking flowers
 not baby names. - Sheldon Cooper Twitter and Facebook user ID: rau47

 On 4/11/2013 11:24 AM, Craig Werner wrote:
> MamaPeach, you wrote:
>
> "When items are being addressed through email or text, one can not
> tell how the person is trying to come across."
>
> If the writer and reader put little or no thought into a string of
> communication, this is true. However, it's a common misconception
> that one cannot judge someone's feelings or intent by looking at
> their writing. As someone who has taught college writing all his
> working life, I know that tone, the attitude of an author towards
> her/his subject and her/his readers, can be intelligently
> discussed. If a writer and a reader both think hard about what
> they are writing and reading, arriving at a correct assessment of
> feelings and intentions is a quite likely outcome. After all, if
> we mistrust writing as a barometer of communication, we're in a
> pretty bad way, aren't we? <smile>
>
> Craig
>
> On 4/11/13, MamaPeach <mamape...@charter.net> wrote:
>> And some people mistake what is being said as being
>> confrontational. I was simply asking how I could make it work.
>> When items are being addressed through email or text, one can not
>> tell how the person is trying to come across. I was in no way
>> challenging anyone. I simply was curious as to how to make the
>> app function with VoiceOver.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Chaltain Sent:
>> Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:28 AM To: viphone@googlegroups.com
>> Subject: Re: walgreens store ap
>>
>> I agree, but I thought the way the original question was phrased
>> was a bit confrontational as well. Instead of saying "Okay, want
>> to give some pointers? When I launch the app, VoiceOver reads
>> absolutely nothing, so how is that accessible?" If you want some
>> accessibility tips, just ask for them, don't challenge the person
>> who's saying it's accessible. Of course this tip could have been
>> included from the beginning, but there's no point in making it
>> worse, and sometimes people just forget about work arounds they
>> used to get something working.
>>

>> On 04/11/2013 07:21 AM, Roger Frischenmeyer wrote:
>>> so if you didn't mean to be mean, what was even the point of
>>> putting that in their?????????
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Jessica Arnold
>>> <mailto:yiskaly...@icloud.com> *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
>>> <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> *Sent:* Thursday, April 11,
>>> 2013 3:15 AM *Subject:* Re: walgreens store ap
>>>
>>> When you first open the Walgreens app the screen comes up. I
>>> don't know what it is. But there is a button on there that you
>>> double tap. I don't think you even have to find it. You just
>>> double tap it and the app becomes accessible. The app is
>>> completely accessible. Although I don't like the layout of it
>>> Sometimes. But it does work. Honestly. I don't mean to be mean
>>> either. But sometimes you people just need to explore a little
>>> bit.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>> "VIPhone" Google Group. To search the VIPhone public archive,
>>> visit http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. To
>>> post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com. To
>>> unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>>> this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>> Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group
>>> and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
>>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>

>>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>> "VIPhone" Google Group. To search the VIPhone public archive,
>>> visit http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. To
>>> post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com. To
>>> unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>>> this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>> Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group
>>> and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
>>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>

>> -- Christopher (CJ) chaltain at Gmail
>>
>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> "VIPhone" Google
>>
>> Group. To search the VIPhone public archive, visit
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. To post to
>> this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com. To
>> unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>> this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
>> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> "VIPhone" Google Group. To search the VIPhone public archive,
>> visit http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. To
>> post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com. To
>> unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>> this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
>> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
>> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

I put emotion in emails when it seems right to do it, but I am concerned with my emotions and presentation, not the other persons. The other person can write any thing they want and if theya are not reponsind to me in a positive way, i may delete, as I have a lot of mail. But as for now, I'm sick and don't even want to be on this computer. Can't tell can you/ lol
Vicki Meizinger