I don't know what happened when I launched the app earlier, there was nothing at all on the screen. I removed it from the app switcher and then relaunched it and still nothing. Now when I open the app, there are labeled buttons there, so yes, with a little trial and error and patience, it might be somewhat usable.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Gallik
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:22 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: walgreens store ap

OK, OK, folks.  I honestly did not intend to stir anything up here on the
list.  I just find the Walgreen's app very      accessible and wanted to
share what I consider a true convenience added to my life so others could
likewise enjoy.

It is true that when you launch the app there isn't much to indicate it will
be accessible.  But as you wander around the screen you will find controls
(buttons if you prefer) that are read aloud even though they may not be
labeled as precisely as we may like.  But this is nothing new to me as there
are plenty of programs on my Windows desk top that use graphics only and I
find myself labeling those graphics with the JAWS utility intended for that.

In other words, the Walgreen's app was probably not designed with blind
users in mind.  But that doesn't mean it is not usable, it just takes a
little trial and error.  If you do commit an error, not to worry; you will
not be shot at dawn for it.  (Please, laugh)

There are features of the app that are indeed inaccessible, but for the most
important feature (refilling scripts via scan) I find it extremely usable by
blind persons.