Sorry my message was so poorly worded. I thought I took the time to make sure it wouldn't be misinterpreted.

I thought I was agreeing with you, i.e. if you want your message to reach the widest possible audience, whether it be a question or some valuable information, then take some time in composing it and follow good list etiquette. In addition to spell checking and bottom posting, which you mentioned, I tossed out a few other examples of things people can do to make sure their messages are read and beneficial to the list. Another one is the use of good subject lines. In fact Raul periodically sends out a good set of message guidelines for the list.

Unfortunately, I don't always have the time to parse out someone's meaning from a poorly written message or a message that didn't follow good list etiquette. I also don't always have the time to help someone compose better messages, especially since sometimes the only response I've gotten is that they don't have the time to bother with spell checkers or list etiquette.

Again, I apologize if my message came across so selfishly. Obviously, I realize the list exists to benefit everyone on the list and not just me. I just thought my post might help with some other things people can do to make their messages reach a broader audience.

On 04/23/2013 08:26 AM, Lauren Simmons wrote:
You do whatever you want, its your delete key. On the other hand, the
goal of this list is not to convey information specifically to you, the
unwritten goal is to communicate with all listers in an effort to learn
and teach from one another. I'm primarily looking out for the person
writing the message as he or she will obviously be wasting time and
effort if the message is difficult or impossible to comprehend due to
very poor spelling and or grammar.

LS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain"
<chalt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:18 AM
Subject: Re: password protect a folder?

I didn't find this message too difficult to parse, but in general, I put
as much effort into reading a message as the person did who wrote it, so
if they
* don't spell check,
* don't proof read,
* don't include the message they're replying to,
* don't prune the unnecessary content if they're bottom or in line posting
then I just resort to the delete key. I suppose I might be missing some
valuable information but there's enough information out there provided
by people who put some time into getting it across, either on the
mailing list or the web, that I don't find myself hurting for lack of
good information.