I agree turning to Apple for this step of the process and maybe other steps as well is the right thing to do, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Ray bringing his questions and experiences to the list. I think a lot of good information has already been forthcoming that might be beneficial to other new iPhone owners.

On 04/25/2013 11:45 PM, Lauren Simmons wrote:
Your right David. These issues will be handled much easier and faster if
taken to Apple rather than this list. I don't know why the insistence in
struggling with every step of this process. At the very least try
creating a new Apple ID as I believe one is allowed about five. When you
have completed the process of registering the iPhone, you can go back
and straighten out your old Apple ID issues. First things first.

LS

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Chittenden"
<dchitten...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: what's in the box

In that case, your Apple ID is most likely no longer active. This is
the first time I have heard of such, so I am a little surprised.

To be certain, I would call Apple. In my experience, they are
extremely helpful. In the US, Apple's number is (800) 692-7753, or, as
they say, (800 my-apple).

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

On 26/04/2013, at 15:08, "Ray T. Mahorney"