I sent them mail as well, asking them the same and they said it should work in my country. I was told exactly the same about Ariadne and it does not work, or at least not in the area where I live. There are a few blind people in Slovakia who use Ariadne and they say it works for them. Some people also use Blindsquare and they say it works for them, but they live in Capital. The only way to see whether it works or not would be to test it before purchasing, but it is not possible. I am quite upset I paid for Ariadne because it was recommended as a great app and I cannot use it at all. At the time I purchased Ariadne, it cost about 5 euros which is enough, but not that much, so I paid for it. It is not going to happen with Blindsquare because 18 euros is quite much.
With kind regards
Maria

On 13.5.2013 9:08, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Hi Maria,

I just wrote to supp...@blindsquare.com <mailto:supp...@blindsquare.com> with a couple of questions and since I just saw your message before I included "Will this app work in Slovakia". If I get an answer I let you know. I am not sure where Ariadne gets its information from, but since Blindsquare uses Open Streetmaps maybe it will be OK and if anybody here knows if Ariadne and Blindsquare both use Open Streetmaps please let us know.

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Mária Orovcíková
*Sent:* Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:00 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: BlindSquare - price and a question

Hi Sieghard and all,

I was also thinking about buying Blindsquare, but it would cost me about 18 euros.

It is quite much for me in case it won't work.

I'm saying that because I have purchased Ariadne GPS and it doesn't work in my area properly. I find Ariadne useless at the moment.

I cannot just try and purchase an app and see whether it works or not.

Blindsquare is getting more and more expensive. Someone told me she got it for 14 euros some time ago.

With regards

Maria

Sent from iphone

Dňa 13.5.2013, o 2:58, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca <mailto:siegh...@live.ca>> napísal:

    Hello List,

    I was thinking of getting BlindSquare even though once Sendero's
    Seeing Eye app comes out it might become redundant. Anyhow, I for
    some reason thought it was $9.99, but when I just checked on the
    Apple Store it says it is $19.99. While BlindSquare does a bit
    more than Sendero LookAround, I nonetheless find it interesting
    that I don't ever remember hearing people complain about the price
    considering the fuss many folks made when Sendero LookAround was
    released and priced at $4.99.

    Anyhow, one thing I was wondering is when Blindsquare tells you
    about intersections. Does it announce the cross street just before
    you get to it? Also, Let's say I get out of a bus and I want to
    know what the cross streets are, will it tell me if the nearest
    cross street is ahead or behind and would it tell you how far away
    it is?

    "VIPhone" Google Group.
    <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.
    viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    Groups "VIPhone" group.
    send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.