I'm not sure what message or thread you're replying to, but two things.

First, there are ways a trial could be offered, and I think they've already been described on this list. They could offer a lite version, although I don't know how they'd cripple it to show off the features and yet still encourage people to pay for the full version. They could also offer a subscription for a few days or weeks instead of one year. They could use the same mechanism they have now for people to buy the one or three year subscription.

Second, someone made the point on this list that offering a free trial would be stupid for Seeing Eye and would end up being a waste of money. This is a very different point than the fact that it may not be allowable within Apple's terms and conditions.