Are you sure you aren't thinking of Multi Edit - Contact Manager? I did a quick search, and I didn't see anything called just Multi Contacts. Plus Multi Edit is an app that's been discussed here on the list a bit, but I don't recall any discussion about an app called Multi Contacts.

On 07/11/2013 11:59 AM, Alan Paganelli wrote:
I believe the app name is Multi Contacts.  It will go through all your
contacts and report back which ones it finds that are an exact match.
Ok, those are easy.  Then there are contacts that have no email address,
others who have no phone numbers etc.  You can set the app to ignore any
of those.  I found the app great for complete duplicates but more
trouble then it was worth for the rest because you have to open each
contact one by one and examine each one.  If you have thousands of
contacts to go through, you're going to be up awfully late.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* John Panarese <mailto:jpanar...@gmail.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:49 PM
    *Subject:* An app for removing duplicate contacts

    Hi folks,
         Can anyone recommend an app for the iDevices that will sort
    contacts and remove or merge duplicates?  I know it's easier done on
    the computer, but the situation makes that alternative not practical.

    Take Care

    John D. Panarese
    Director
    Mac for the Blind
    Tel, (631) 724-4479
    Email, j...@macfortheblind.com <mailto:j...@macfortheblind.com>
    Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

    APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX Mountain Lion and LION

    "VIPhone" Google Group.

    Post a new message to VIPhone by emailing viphone@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.

    viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone+ow...@googlegroups.com>.