Hello, Gary,

When you set up an appointment in the calendars app, there is an option to set
an alert. Once you set 1 alert, for up to 2 days in advance and press the done
button, an option to set a second alert is presented. Double tap it, and the
same options will be available, from 2 days before to at time of event. Select
your choice and double tap the done button. When you completely finish setting
everything for the event, don't forget to double tap the done button at the top
right, or the event will not be entered into the calendar.

Once you've done this, you should be alerted at both of the times you've set
when setting up the event. Go into settings into notification center, and find
the calendar app. Make sure it is listed under in notification center. Then,
double tap it, and make sure the alert style you set is for banners or alert,
for if it is set to none, you will not get the alert even though you set it
when setting up the event.

You can also set a reminder using Siri, which gives you the option of setting a
reminder for even before the maximum 2 days offered when setting up the event.
So, for example, you can tell Siri to set a reminder to do something or for an
event. siri will ask you when you want to be reminded, and you can say one week
before, or specify a certain date and time Siri will then remind you at the
specified time you set. This is in addition to the alerts you may have set up
in the calendar. Also, you can set a reminder with Siri without a calendar
event associated with it.

Hope all of this has helped :)

Marcy

--