Hi Dan and Penny,

Unfortunately, using the volume up button to take a picture which works just
fine in the stock camera app does not work either in Tap Tap See or Talking
Goggles, at least not on my 4S running iOS 6.1.3.

In Talking Goggles I switched to video mode and tried the Play/Answer button
on the headset which starts video recording in the stock camera app and it
also does not do anything.

Prizmo used to have a verbal activation option, you would just say "Take
Picture" and it worked well. I assume since it worked in Prizmo it is
possible unless Apple has changed something in iOS 6 which prevents
developers from implementing such a verbal command. I can't remember when
Prizmo got rid of it and why they did so.

I think if you start a dialogue with the developers of Tap Tap See and/or
Talking Goggles you should definitely mention that it would be good if this
default behavior which is present in the Camera app could be implemented in
their apps. I think your problem would largely be solved if you could use
the volume up or Play/Answer button on the headset to take the picture or
start video recording although for using Talking Goggles in video mode it
doesn't really matter. First of all, you can start video and then use both
hands to hold your phone whichever way you like including putting it on the
table to steady it. Video mode in Talking Goggles looks all the time and it
will just start recognizing text whenever it sees any. Also, if you don't
stop video but just exit the app, the next time you open the app it will
already be recording already. But being able to use the volume up button on
the phone or on the headset to take a picture in Tap Tap See and Goggles
would definitely be a good idea.