Thanks. They are the right file type with the right extension. I'm not on
that computer right now but I will look for them tonight and get them in the
right folder and see what happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:53 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Seeking Advice on Creating Ring Tones

Sherry,

Are they M4R files? If so just copy them into the Automatically Add to
iTunes folder, then open iTunes and they should be moved to the Tones or
Ringtones folder. Both the Automatically Add to iTunes and the Tones or
Ringtones folder are in your iTunes Media folder which in turn is in a
folder just called "iTunes" and if you did the default installation, it is
in your Music folder.

Once you have done this, you have to connect your phone, check the Tones
button under "Devices" then tab and make sure you check "Sync All
Ringtones". This process is no different than syncing apps or music, either
select to sync all tones or if you choose to only sync selected tones you
have to tap into the listview where all your tones are and check those you
want, then sync.

If your files are not in the iTunes format and do not have the M4R extension
they will not work.

If you can't get this to work you can contact me off-list and I'll see if I
can help. My email is siegh...@live.ca