From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 6:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: The iPhone 5S Motion Sensors Are Totally Screwed Up -
gizmodo.com

Hi Grant,

Some apps do use the compass (Blindsquare is one) but I am not sure if the
variance described is enough to make a real difference. I am getting my 5S
tomorrow (HaHaHa, beat you) and I certainly appreciated Cara posting this
because at least one has a chance to specifically test for these issues. I
am a woodworker and I do build things and do my own
renovations/modifications to my home to a large degree, but it's not like
I'd ever use my iPhone as my authorative level, it's much to short to be
really precise. I have a dedicated audio level and even that is only 12
inches and there is a reason why framers use 4 foot long levels. I can see
how this might affect hard-core gamers which I am not and I suspect it will
be an academic problem for me, certainly not enough to scare me off like
Pablo who cancelled his order, but if I wasn't in a big hurry and my iPhone
wasn't due to arrive tomorrow I might consider that. Anyhow, I have 1 year
of warranty and I bought Apple Care so I am quite convinced that if I could
replicate this issue and it was quite serious I could get a replacement in a
couple of month when Apple has made the appropriate modifications.

On a general note, I think it must be a real nightmare to discover all of
these bugs and get them fixed. There are so many functions and features some
of which are very specific. I know it's easy to say "How can Apple release a
phone which has such obvious bugs" or "How can they release iOS 7 when it
has such obvious bugs". But it's always easier to play Monday morning
Quarterback and to draw on what tens of millions users report in the first
few weeks of using a new iiOS or a new device.