Here's how you do it, so you can have text to follow as well. Be warned,
though, that the select/de-select gestures can be very challenging. In fact,
I've used iOS for almost three years, and I still can't do it right most of the
time.

1. In a text field, or anywhere you can highlight text, move to the start of
the text you want to select, by any means (double tap an editing text field to
jump to the start, move with the rotor, whatever you want).
2. Move the rotor to the text item by which you want to select. That is, if you
rotor to words, you will select by word.
3. Pinch in with two fingers. Every successful pinch will select one rotor
item. So, if you are still set to words, each pinch will highlight one word.
4. If you select too much, just pinch out to de-select by the current rotor
item. You may change rotor items in the midst of a selection, so you could
start by line and then choose words to select part of a line.
5. Once you have selected the text you want, rotor to "edit", then flick up or
down until you find the item you want (copy or cut) and double tap. You can
also hit delete on the keyboard, or just start typing to replace the selected
text.
On Oct 20, 2013, at 7:03 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Check out the website www.IBlindTech.com. Garth has a series of Podcasts and
> one of them is on selecting, copying and pasting text.
>

> Regards,
> Sieghard

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)